1. On 1 December 2022 the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 came into force.1The Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016
2. All social and private tenants in Wales will see some changes:2Welsh Government, “Working Together for a Safe Home for All”, last accessed on 1 December 2022
- in the way their contracts are provided,
- in the way their homes are maintained,
- to how they communicate with their landlords.
3. All social and private landlords, including those who rent their properties through management companies or agents, will need to:
- comply with the new law,
- make the necessary updates to their properties and paperwork.
4. Special rules apply to “supported accommodation” as defined in the Act.
5. See our Knowledge Bank entry: Wales: Renting Regime – Sources.
Notes [ + ]